Our Dental Health ProgramsProviding the information, tools and support to impact your community
It takes only one to make a difference in your community.
Thank you for making that difference!
The Sad Reality
Dental decay is the single most common chronic disease of childhood, with 16.5 million children suffering from untreated tooth decay!
An important focus of the Alliance is Dental Health Education. Through several initiatives during the year, we work to educate the community at large in proper dental care.
Thank you for…
- providing dental health videos for schools, cable TV, and the internet
- providing youth sports programs with information on the benefits of mouth guards
- implementing youth education programs in schools on the harmful effects of tobacco and methamphetamines
- developing exhibits for display in community museums
- coordinating health fairs to promote prevention-oriented practices
- reaching senior citizens with programs for their oral health needs
- educating young children and their parents or guardians about practicing good dental health care through such programs as distributing “Ready, Set, Brush!” books
- and promoting dental health education in many more ways
Join us in our mission to help your local communities and dental families. YOU ensure success!
Each year the Alliance recognizes members for excellence in promoting oral health through the dental health education (DHE) awards category in the member project awards program. These awards are presented at the AADA convention.